Congregational Care

The Board of Deacons and the Congregational Care Committee celebrate members' birthdays, anniversaries and other life events through personal telephone calls, electronic messages, cards and notes.

E-mail the church office or dial Extension 100 for more information regarding members and friends of our worshiping community.
Stephen Ministers are trained lay caregivers who provide one-to-one Christian care to members who are bereaved, hospitalized, terminally ill, separated, divorced, unemployed, relocated, and others who face a crisis or life challenge. Stephen Ministers assist the pastors in providing a personal quality caring ministry as long as needed or wanted.

E-mail the church office or dial Extension 103 to request a Stephen Minister or inquire about training to serve. Click to learn more about Stephen Ministries.

Pastoral Care

The Pastoral Care Committee consists of trained volunteers who visit shut-ins and those in our worshiping community with special needs. The Committee meets monthly to receive assignments.

E-mail the church office or dial Extension 105 to request pastoral care or training to assist with this ministry.
Presbyterian Samaritan Center provides pastoral counseling, psychotherapy and clinical assessment for individuals, couples and families. First Presbyterian financially supports the organization and provides a satellite office location to encourage a broader availability of services. The main office is located at Sharon Presbyterian Church, 5203 Sharon Road, Charlotte. All appointments are scheduled through the main Charlotte office (704.554.9900).

Click to learn more about Presbyterian Psychological Services.

Parish Nurse Ministry

First Presbyterian's Parish Nurse Ministry began in 2008 in partnership with Gastonia's First United Methodist Church and the Duke Endowment. Lisa Marisidaiah, Parish Nurse is available to members and friends of our worshiping community to discuss health issues, provide informational resources and hospital, extended care facility, rehabilition or home visits.

E-mail the church office or dial Extension 121 for more information.